Don’t have much money to spend on a table saw? TACKLIFE MTS01A is the best budget table saw that you can get for less than 300 dollars. Read on to find out why
The table saw is one of the most valuable power tools you can have in the workshop. Luckily, you don’t have to spend a fortune to get a good table saw these days. The question is, how do you find a table saw for less than $300 that gives the maximum bang for your buck? You’ve come to the right place.
In this article, we will be reviewing 5 of the best table saws under $300 so that you don’t spend your hard-earned cash on a bad product.
The Best Budget Table Saws Compared:
My list of the 5 Best Cheap Table Saws
TACKLIFE MTS01A 10-Inch Table Saw
- 【Powerful Efficient Motor】 The TACKLIFE table saw features a 15.0A high torque Motor with the power , it provides 4800 rpm, makes the cut powerful, fast. Cutting works on the different pieces of...
- 【Aluminum Extension Table】 25 -1/3'' x 28 -1/3'' aluminum table extends to 25 -1/3'' x 36 - 1/5'' for longer workpieces. Aluminum table with excellent resistance to oxidation and the best sliding...
- 【45 ° Bevel Cut】 0 ° to 45 ° bevel range allows you to make bevel cuts. Height and tilt can be easily adjusted with an adjusting wheel. At a 45 ° angle, a cutting depth of up to 2'' can be...
The MTS01A by TACKLIFE is one of the best budget table saw designs with its larger support surface. You will find it easier to break down sheet goods with the extra table space.
A 15-amp motor is standard with portable saw designs, but the added torque will plow through hardwoods while maintaining its RPM rating.
The 10-inch blade can cut to a depth of 2 4/5-inches when the blade is set to 90-degrees. You will still get 2.0-inches of maximum depth when making a 45-degree bevel cut.
It includes a large lock button that keeps the blade securely in position once you have made the required adjustments.
- The aluminum tabletop is coated. That coating will help to reduce friction as you move materials across it.
- This table also provides a lot of surface support. It measures 25.3-inches by 28.3-inches, with each table extension adding nearly four inches to each side when installed.
- It uses a high-torque motor design. The added torque maintains a consistent speed in all types of wood without bogging down.
- It uses a plastic handle to adjust blade height. This crank can strip faster than a cast aluminum or other material would.
- The stand is made from thin materials. It is not the most stable when weighted down, and it will vibrate a lot.
GoPlus 10-Inch Table Saw
- 【Powerful Cutting Performance】Equipped with high-power 15 Amp motor in low noise, this table saw delivers 5,000 RPM cutting performance to rip through various kind of hardwood with ease. And the...
- 【36 Tooth Blade & Aluminum Tabletop】Coated alumium tabletop with 26" rip capacity can easily rip through larger wood material and reduce extra friction for smoother sliding. 36T carbide-tipped...
- 【Double Bevel Cutting & Adjustable Height】Featuring the double bevel cutting from 0-45°, this table saw provides cross cut at 90°--3" and bevel cut at 45°--2-1/2". And there’s a large hand...
The electronic motor is the stand out feature on this 10-inch table saw from GoPlus. It runs more quietly than standard electric motors of its size. You won’t sacrifice overall power as GoPlus designed it for a strong load capacity needed in professional settings.
A self-aligning rip fence is standard with your purchase. This fence allows you to make micro-adjustments easily, and it is quick to use. The user-friendly fence helps to make this one of the best budget table saw models.
You will also find that the sliding miter gauge can be adjusted from 45-degrees to -45-degrees, a feature that can speed up your cutting.
- The double-bevel cut feature. The blade can be adjusted to either side for comfort during the cut.
- You get extras with your purchase. That includes the stand, blade, miter gauge, push stick, parallel guide, rip fence, blade guard, and wrenches.
- A 26-inch rip capacity. It is wider than some of the other table saws we have looked at.
- Accessories could be improved. The extra items will not be the best in quality.
- The grated holes in the table top can catch the edges of wood. These are found across the entire table surface.
Intradin M1H-ZP3-254 10-Inch Table Saw
- Powerful 15A motor
- Features a 10” blade
- 32-3/5” table height
This 10-inch table saw comes at a lower price point. That will make it accessible to novice woodworkers hesitant to spend a lot on their first power tools.
This import does use a 5/8-inch arbor, allowing you to use most blade designs on it. A standard 15-amp motor powers this product. That will suffice for regular saw blades, but it will not drive a dado stack safely.
You can make cuts up to 3 1/2-inches deep at a 90-degree blade setting, or 2 1/3-inches deep at 45-degrees. That will make it through framing studs as well as plywood sheeting.
This simple design stays cost-effective with a minimal amount of adjustable features. Blade height and bevel angle knobs will be adequate for the majority of shop-made projects.
- A budget-friendly price tag. This table saw will not break the bank, allowing you to spend on the blades.
- This table saw set up weighs only 43.7-pounds. That is lighter than many other designs in the 10-inch range.
- Generates 5,500 RPMs under no-load conditions. That will work for most blades hobbyist use in woodworking.
- Cheaper materials are used in making this table saw. The lower price comes at the cost of build material quality.
- It is marked for the metric system. That could be an issue with some North American customers who are not comfortable with converting measurements.
Rockwell BladeRunner RK7323
- [SETS UP IN SECONDS] Take this table saw to the job site or move it around the workshop. There’s even a built-in carry handle
- [CUTS LIKE A FULL-SIZE] With the standard guard and riving knife system you can perform rip, cross, scroll, and miter cuts
- [TOOL-LESS BLADE CHANGE] Uses any brand’s standard 4” T-shank blade, but we threw 5 in the box to get you started cutting wood, ceramic tile, plastic, aluminum, and metal
The Bladerunner offers you a different type of saw cut on a table design. This product uses T-shank style reciprocating blades to make cuts. You will get less depth with this saw, but it is safer than using a traditional circular saw blade.
Rockwell designed the saw to have a 3/4 inch stroke length. You can install 4-inch blades into this table saw, and it comes with five blades for a variety of materials. It can cut more than wood, making it a possible purchase for DIYers and woodshops that work with metals or ceramics as well.
The 15 3/4-inch by 17.0-inch table surface will support smaller projects as you cut them with the reciprocating blade. The smaller dimensions make it easy to store under a bench or in a cabinet.
- This is lightweight. It weighs in at less than 15-pounds.
- Designed to cut a variety of materials. Blades included for scrollwork, wood, aluminum, ceramic, and steel.
- This saw includes a safety key as well as the safety switch. You will not accidentally start this table saw by bumping it.
- A lower cut capacity. This table saw system uses jig-style blades with a limited stroke length.
- It will slow down on deeper cuts in hardwoods. The smaller blade and motor work best with thin materials.
Skil TS6307-00 10-Inch Table Saw – Best Under $400
- RACK AND PINION FENCE RAILS – Ensures fence stays parallel to blade for fast, smooth, and accurate cuts
- INTEGRATED FOLDING STAND – Legs quickly fold in to provide portability and convenient storage
- PARALLEL BLADE ALIGNMENT – Available micro-adjustment of blade so that it is parallel to rip fence and miter slot
Full Review: Skil TS6307-00 10-Inch Table Saw Review
This 10-inch table saw can cut through four by four materials at a 90-degree blade adjustment. That covers a majority of the cheaper woods and building materials that novice and intermediate woodworkers use. It will cut up to 2.5-inches of material when adjusted for a 45-degree bevel cut.
A 15-amp electric motor powers the unit and generates up to 4,600 RPMs under no-load conditions. It will maintain those speeds in softwood as well as hardwoods at most depths and bevels. You might notice some slowing at maximum settings with dense fibers such as oak.
This table saw can accept a dado stack. The maximum width is 5/8-inch. I find that to be a safe maximum to work with under most conditions.
Skil’s TS6307 comes with a stand with telescoping legs. This is a nice feature that will let you set the stand to a variety of operating heights in your shop or out in the field.
- A folding table provides a work stable work surface. It can then break down for easy storage.
- You can cut up to 47-degree bevels. That will cover most hobby applications.
- A solid dust port elbow allows you to connect to a vacuum system from multiple angles.
- The miter gauge is not the best. It is made from cheaper materials and may have some play in the miter slot.
- The leg locks on the stand can work themselves loose. You need to double-check the locks.
Affordable Table Saw Basics
If you are new to woodworking, you might be wondering what, exactly, a table saw is. Think of it as an upside-down circular saw mounted under a table. The circular blade stands above the table surface and is used to dimension your lumber.
Why do you need a table saw?
Traditionally, hand saws were used to cut a board to a specific length or width. I remember my grandfather’s shed and the wall of various saws he used for specific types of cuts. As power tools were slowly introduced to the job site and workshop, joiners were able to quicken the pace as well as provide straighter cuts.
While the best circular saws are able to perform fairly accurate cuts through wood, a table saw provides the accuracy that is needed for many cabinetry or fine woodworking projects. They simplify the job.
Types of table saws
Mini table saws are extremely small power tools designed for building models and for cutting thin sheets or molding. The downside to these products is the limited depth of cut and the difficulty users experience when trying to cut through harder woods.
Bench-top table saws are larger and can handle thicker cuts. While they are designed to be bolted onto your workbench, most come with a lightweight stand. These power saws have a limited range when making rip cuts. Your options will be limited to mini and benchtop table saws with a budget of $300.
Job site table saws are the next size up and can handle wider cuts. They usually come with a surface that dampens vibrations experienced with bench-top saws, but they do use aluminum tops to keep the product lightweight. These table saws usually feature a rolling stand and cost at least 1000 dollars.
Contractor table saws are the lightest of all stationary saws. They can be moved around fairly easily, but in general, they are designed to be placed in one area. Again, the upgrade provides for wider rip cuts and the motors are powerful than Job site designs. This design is rather outdated and will require a budget of more than 1000 dollars.
Cabinet table saws are heavy units with powerful motors. This is the table saw I learned to cut on while I was in the woodshop class in High School. The cabinet keeps these running quietly while making dust collection easier. Expect to pay top dollar for these table saws.
Finally, the hybrid table saw takes elements from both the cabinet and job site products. These saws are more stable than their smaller cousins while offering a lighter weight and smaller price tag than the cabinet variety. Hybrid table saws can still cost an arm and a leg.
Read more about the different types of table saws in this article.
What to look for in an Inexpensive table saw?
If you are like me, a cabinet table saw will probably be overkill. I enjoy making things with my own hands but I just can not justify the need for a large cabinet in my shop. Mini table saws are very limited in what they can handle so I really haven’t found the need for one.
Bench-top, contractor and job site table saws provide enough power and cutting width for most of the woodworking that I do. For small projects, like making jigs or small cabinetry work, these power tools are able to handle the workload. These table saws are very affordable when compared to their stationary counterparts.
If I was looking for a good table saw, the first thing I consider is the stability of its tabletop. Some products in this range use aluminum tops that transfer vibration when used. I try to look for heavier designs that are webbed underneath.
Finding the most powerful motor that you can get your budget is a big plus, especially if you plan to use the table saw a lot. I found myself upgrading after a year with an underpowered motor. A sturdy stand is a plus, as my shop requires a set up that can be torn down and moved frequently.
Having a good rip fence and a quality miter gauge included in the package prevents you from having to purchase these accessories separately. Don’t overlook the connection for dust collection. There is no standard outlet size, so you might have to get an adaptor to connect to your shop vac.
Finally, adjustability is a must. If the table tilts, the knobs must secure it properly. The same needs to be true of the rip fence.
Remember, safety first!
Power tools can be handled safely if you know what you are doing. Read the operator’s manual completely and follow its instructions. To prevent overloads, make sure you use the properly gauged extension cord (or avoid using one, to begin with).
Safety glasses are a must when working in the shop, and using ear protection will keep your ears from ringing from the continuous drone from your power tools. Never make a cut on a table saw without a push stick. They will keep your fingers away from the spinning blade and attached to your hand! Read more about how to use a table saw in this article.
The Best Budget Table Saw
While all of these products have great features, the TACKLIFE MTS01A stands out. It provides the most stable work surface of the five, an important consideration with any platform.
The adjustments lock solidly which helps to ensure accuracy with your cuts. These adjustments are also easy to change with smooth levers and wheels. Lastly, it comes with a solid warranty as well as highly-acclaimed customer support.